THIS WEEKLY BLOG POSTED EVERY MONDAY PROMOTES A CULTURE OF LIFE Don’t miss our heartwarming closing story every week!
PRO-LIFE WISCONSIN STRONGLY OPPOSES LEGISLATION WEAKENING STATE ABORTION BAN
Call or Email your State Legislators NOW!
On Wednesday, March 15, 2023, State Senator Mary Felzkowski (R-Irma) and State Representative Donna Rozar (R-Marshfield) circulated for co-sponsorship companion legislation (LRB 2151/LRB 2432) that would severely weaken Wisconsin’s current law abortion ban, s. 940.04, by adding exceptions for abortion in the cases of sexual assault, incest, life and health of the mother, and lethal fetal anomaly.
It is incredibly disheartening that legislative Republicans are working to restore abortion to Wisconsin. The co-authors of this egregious legislation include Senators Rachael Cabral-Guevara (R-Appleton) and Jesse James (R-Altoona), and Representatives Amy Binsfeld (R-Sheboygan), Cindi Duchow (Town of Delafield), Dan Knodl (R-Germantown), Jessie Rodriguez (R-Oak Creek), Angie Sapik (R-Lake Nebagamon), Ellen Schutt (R-Clinton), and Robin Vos (R-Rochester).
Fortunately, Senate Majority Leader Devin LeMahieu (R-Oostburg) slammed the door shut on LRB 2151/LRB 2432 within several hours of its announcement, publicly stating that “(t)he bill will not be considered on the floor of the Senate.” We expect Assembly Speaker Robin Vos to continue pushing the legislation in the Wisconsin Assembly.
A vote to add more exceptions to Wisconsin’s abortion ban is a vote to kill more preborn babies. It is that simple. The fact is that legal abortion – the direct, intentional killing of a living preborn human being – is incapable of being justified. It is always and everywhere wrong, regardless of motivation or consequence.
- Rape and incest are both criminal acts, and in our system of justice, we punish the criminal. We do not punish the victim, nor do we punish the criminal’s children. Abortion in the case of rape and incest serves only to cover the crimes of the perpetrator, facilitating sexual abuse and the sex trafficking industry. Women deserve better than abortion and all of the physical, emotional, and psychological difficulties that are proven to follow.
- Concerning abortion in the case of lethal fetal anomaly, numerous women have brought their babies to term and cherished the brief but precious moments of their child’s life. These cases are heartbreaking. Yet when a mother is able to hold, name, and love her newborn baby, she often experiences bittersweet joy and immense healing. These babies are worthy of our love and protection.
- Abortion, the intentional killing of a preborn baby, is never medically necessary to save the life or improve the health of the mother, as outlined by medical experts from the American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists (AAPLOG). Medical operations such as the removal of an ectopic pregnancy, an anembryonic pregnancy, or a molar pregnancy are moral. Legally, such operations are not considered abortions because they are not intentional killing of a living preborn human being. The removal of such conditions has never been prosecuted in this country. There is, therefore, no need to provide a specific exception for such cases in laws prohibiting abortion.
If one wishes to address the mother’s life in pro-life legislation, there is a moral and effective way to do so. Pro-Life Wisconsin would like to replace the broad and undefined life-of-the-mother exception in s.940.04 with language requiring equal care for both mom and baby, granting the physician immunity if he or she follows the requirement.
With your help, Pro-Life Wisconsin will fight to defeat LRB 2151/LRB 2432.
- Please CALL or EMAIL your state senator and state representative TODAY and urge them to “Oppose LRB 2151 & LRB 2432.”
- Tell them, “A vote to add more exceptions to Wisconsin’s abortion ban is a vote to kill more preborn babies. Abortion does not heal trauma. Abortion is not healthcare.“
- Don’t know your state senator or state representative? Go to legis.wisconsin.gov and type in your home address under “Who Are My Legislators” or call the Legislative Hotline: 1-800-362-9472.
Thank you and God bless you. Please make your pro-life voices heard in the Wisconsin Legislature!
From WI Right To Life
With ‘Abortion Provider Appreciation Day,’ Democrats Openly Celebrate Executioners
The reality of abortion is dark and leaves women hurt and ashamed
The Soulless Lingo of the Pro-abortion Media
AND FINALLY, LOVIN’ LIFE…
Thanks for reading!