Hello 5th District Neighbors,
There are only 5 days left to Election Day.
If you plan on walk-in absentee voting at City Hall, you have until 5:00pm on Friday 4/1/22 to do this.
If you have received an absentee ballot in the mail, the ballots must be filled out with all the required information, such as names, signatures, dates, full addresses and then returned only by you to city hall in time for processing on 4/5/22.
There are 5 words that have been used frequently in this election. Here are my thoughts on these words.
- Transparency: The amount of information you provide that will help others know you, that they can use to evaluate and then use to make a decision.
- Integrity: Your moral honesty is the only thing that you own and will be able to take with you when you leave the room.
- Community: Is where you get involved, give your support to and draw support from when it is needed.
- Respect: Is simply having a high regard for all the people you encounter, not just those that agree with your agenda.
- Ethics: Behaving in a manner that is based on the principles that are established as acceptable within society.
As you are voting, I am asking that you re-elect me as your Alderman. I feel that I am the best person to represent you because I have extensive working knowledge of our city government, I have served our community and city as a volunteer and an elected official, I have a Master Degree in organizational development, and finally our District deserves a positive, forward- thinking professional. Thank you for all the support you have given me.
Alderman Mike Barber