A pictorial week-in-review posted every Sunday.
1) Kimberly Potter, the white former Minnesota police officer testifies during her trial in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, U.S., December 17, 2021 in this image taken from court television footage. Photo: Pool footage/Handout via REUTERS.
2) Kimberly Potter, a former police officer, who has said she mistakenly used her handgun instead of her Taser when firing at Daunte Wright, 20, as he attempted to flee in his car following a traffic stop, reacts on a guilty verdict in a still image from video in Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S. December 23, 2021. Photo: Pool via REUTERS
3) Damik Wright, brother of Daunte Wright, reacts to the outcome in the manslaughter trial of Kimberly Potter, the former Minnesota police officer who killed Black motorist Daunte Wright after mistaking her handgun for her Taser during a traffic stop, outside the Hennepin County Courthouse in Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S. December 23, 2021. Photo: REUTERS/Adam Bettcher
4) People take photos at a statue of Anglican Archbishop Desmond Tutu at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town, South Africa. South Africa’s president says Tutu, the country’s Nobel Peace Prize-winning activist for racial justice and LGBT rights and the retired Anglican Archbishop of Cape Town, has died at the age of 90. Photo: AP
5) A woman throws hot water from a thermos bottle into the cold air making its three phases visible – liquid, gas, solid – as the smallest droplets cool and evaporate in a dramatic cloud before they reach the ground as snow, in Berlin on a sunny but frosty Boxing Day. Photo: Agence France-Presse
6) Members of the Pontifical Swiss Guard stand by at St. Peter’s Square before Pope Francis delivers his traditional Christmas Day Urbi et Orbi speech to the city and the world from the main balcony of St. Peter’s Basilica at the Vatican, Dec. 25, 2021. Photo: Reuters
7) A woman throws hot water from a thermos bottle into the cold air making its three phases visible – liquid, gas, solid – as the smallest droplets cool and evaporate in a dramatic cloud before they reach the ground as snow, in Berlin on a sunny but frosty Boxing Day. Photo: Agence France-PresseA negative SARS-CoV-2 rapid antigen test used to detect the Covid-19 coronavirus hangs on a Christmas tree in Lausanne, Switzerland. Photo: Agence France-Presse
8) Lighthouse Immersive’s 92-foot-tall Vincent Van Gogh-shaped hot air balloon is launched at Lake Hollywood Park on December 20, 2021, in Los Angeles, California. Photo: Rodin Eckenroth / Getty
9) Balsam fir wreaths lie on tombstones in Section 60 at Arlington National Cemetery, on December 18, 2021, in Arlington, Virginia. The 30th annual “Wreaths Across America” project placed wreaths on the more than 250,000 tombstones of military servicemen and women at Arlington National Cemetery. Photo: Al Drago / Getty
10) A patient reads “Olaf’s Night Before Christmas” with first lady Jill Biden as President Joe Biden listens at Children’s National Hospital in Washington, Dec. 24, 2021. Photo: APA diver wearing a Santa Claus costume performs at Koral Restaurant aquarium ahead of Christmas celebrations in Badung, Bali, Indonesia. Photo: Reuters
11) A man dressed as Santa Claus performs in the bedroom of a house that belongs to Serge Hennebel, nicknamed “Elf Serge”, and is transformed into a Christmas village adorned with thousands of lights, in Hamme-Mille, Belgium, December 17. Photo: REUTERS/Yves Herman
12) A young patient with relatives watches through a window as a Russian emergency rescue student dressed as Snegurochka (Snow Maiden) performs, outside the Morozov Children’s City Clinical Hospital in Moscow. Photo: AP
13) Christian Malseed, age 2, poses for a photo with Santa at the Willow Grove Park Mall in Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, on December 3, 2021. Photo: Hannah Beier / Reuters
14) The Arizona Cardinals cheerleaders perform during the second half of an NFL football game against the Indianapolis Colts, Dec. 25, 2021, in Glendale, Arizona. Photo: AP
15) The ball intended for Baltimore Ravens tight end Mark Andrews hits the turf as the Ravens went for a two-point conversion against the Green Bay Packers late in the 4th quarter. The Packers won 31-30. Photo: Jerry Jackson/Baltimore Sun
16) Baltimore Ravens tight end Mark Andrews is helped up after missing the reception on a two-point conversion attempt against the Green Bay Packers late in the 4th quarter last Sunday. The Packers won 31-30. Photo: Jerry Jackson/Baltimore Sun.
17) Green Bay Packers’ Aaron Rodgers is congratulated after throwing his 443rd career touchdown pass, during the first half of the team’s NFL football game against the Cleveland Browns Saturday, Dec. 25, 2021, in Green Bay, Wis. The pass breaks the previous Green Bay Packers record held by Brett Favre. AP Photo/Morry Gash
18) Cleveland nearly came all the way back from a 12-point second-half deficit before Rasul Douglas’ second interception of the day sealed the game with 43 seconds left. Packers 24 Browns 22. Photo: GB Packers