A pictorial week-in-review posted every Sunday.
1) People watch municipal workers march across Brooklyn Bridge during a protest against the Covid-19 vaccine mandate. New York firefighters took to the streets to demonstrate against the city’s ruling that they will be fired if they refuse to be inoculated. Photograph: Ed Jones/AFP/Getty
2) FDNY union members, municipal workers and others demonstrate during a protest against the city’s COVID-19 mandates on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, October 28. Another look. Photos: REUTERS/Mike Segar
3) Attendees embrace at a candlelight vigil for the late cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, Oct. 24, 2021, in Burbank, California. A prop firearm discharged by actor Alec Baldwin, while producing and starring in a Western movie in Santa Fe, New Mexico, killed Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza. Photo: AP
4) The entrance to the film set of “Rust” is seen through a barbed wire fence after Hollywood actor Alec Baldwin fatally shot a cinematographer and wounded a director when he discharged a prop gun on the movie set in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Photo: REUTERS/Kevin Mohatt
5) Migrants heading in a caravan to the U.S., walk towards Mexico City to request asylum and refugee status in Villa Comaltitlan, Chiapas State, Mexico. Photo: Agence France-Presse
6) Rocks and vegetation cover Highway 70 following a landslide in the Dixie Fire zone, Oct. 24, 2021, in Plumas County, California. Photo: AP
7) In La Palma, Canary islands, a house is covered by ash from the volcano that continues to erupt. Photograph: Emilio Morenatti/AP
8) In Gambia, a boy runs away from men dressed as Kankurang, which symbolizes the spirit that provides order and justice and is considered a protector against evil. Photograph: Léo Corrêa/AP
9) At the Siena awards festival in Italy, Photograph of the year – Hardship of Life. Munzir lost his right leg when a bomb was dropped as he walked through a bazaar in Idlib, Syria. Here he is pictured in Hatay province, Turkey, with his son Mustafa, who was born without lower or upper limbs because of tetra-amelia syndrome, which was caused by the medications his mother, Zeynep, had to take after nerve gas attack during the war. Mustafa will need special electronic prostheses in the future which, unfortunately, are not yet available in Turkey. Photograph: Mehmet Aslan/Siena Awards 2021
10) Colorful trees surround the small Hattstein lake in Usingen in the Taunus region near Frankfurt, Germany. Photo: AP
11) In Dunbar, Scotland, the northern lights shine over Belhaven bridge. Photograph: Owen Humphreys/PA
12) In Taxco, Mexico, a Catrina skull made with 18,000 cempasuchil (marigold) flowers is displayed outside the Church of Santa Prisca as part of Day of the Dead celebrations. Photograph: Anadolu Agency/Getty ImagesA view of the sculpture ‘Together’ by Italian sculptor Lorenzo Quinn, son of late actor Anthony Quinn, is seen in front of the Great Pyramids of Giza, on the outskirt of Cairo, Egypt, October 23. Photo: REUTERS/Mohamed Abd El Ghany
13) In Vancouver, Canada, people attend a preview of the Imagine Picasso immersive exhibition where more than 200 works by Pablo Picasso are projected on screens and three-dimensional structures. Photograph: Darryl Dyck/AP
14) A woman visits the Olympic Park 100 days before the start of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics, which are followed by the Paralympics in March 2022. Photograph: Roman Pilipey/EPA
15) Runners in the women’s elite division race to the first set of stairs during the 43rd annual Empire State Building run-up in New York. Runners climb 86 floors, 1,576 steps, from the lobby to the observation deck. Photo: Justin Lane/EPA
16) Norbert Dopf from Austria participates in the German Moustache and Beard Championships 2021 at Pullman City Western Theme Park in Eging am See, Germany, Oct. 23, 2021. Photo: Reuters
17) A woman dressed as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz walks her dog dressed as the Cowardly Lion as they attend the annual Congressional Dog Costume Parade on Capitol Hill. Photograph: AFP/Getty Images
18) Green Bay Packers’ Robert Tonyan catches a touchdown pass in front of Washington Football Team’s Jamin Davis during the second half of an NFL football game Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021, in Green Bay, Wis. The Packers won 24-10. Photo: Matt Ludtke, AP
19) The Arizona Cardinals suffered their first loss of the 2021 regular season on Thursday night, falling to the Green Bay Packers 24-21. It was a game that came down to the wire, and one that appeared was headed to, at the very least, overtime. With the Cardinals just 5 yards away from the end zone and 15 seconds left, Kyler Murray threw a pass to A.J. Green on the far right side of the field, but the wideout did not see the ball coming. Packers cornerback — and former Cardinals practice-squader — Rasul Douglas grabbed an interception to seal the victory for Green Bay. Photo: Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports
20) Wisconsin tight end Jake Ferguson catches a touchdown pass during a football game between No. 9 Iowa and Wisconsin at Camp Randall Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021. The Badgers won 27-7. Photo: The Daily Iowan
21) Wisconsin players hoist the Heartland Trophy after defeating Iowa Saturday 27-7. Iowa has yet to win at Wisconsin since 2015. Photo: The Daily Iowan.
A pictorial week-in-review posted every Sunday.