This pictorial week-in-review is posted every Sunday.
1) Chairman Ron Johnson, R-Wis., arrives for the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee hearing titled “Examining Irregularities in the 2020 Election” in Dirksen Building on Wednesday. Photo: Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call
2) US Vice President Mike Pence receives his Covid-19 vaccine live on television. The White House said the aim of the move was to “promote the safety and efficacy of the vaccine and build confidence among the American people”. Photo: Reuters
3) A robot used to assist Covid-19 patients waits in an elevator in the Yatharth hospital in Delhi, India. Photograph: Anindito Mukherjee/Getty Images
4) In Bodmin, England, a patient at a Covid-19 vaccination clinic holds an egg timer counting down to his 15-minute post-jab assessment. Photograph: Hugh Hastings/Getty Images
5) Personal support worker Johanne Lamesse reacts in anticipation to the needle as she receives the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine at the Civic Hospital in Ottawa, Canada. Photo: Adrian Wyld/Pool via REUTERS
6) Go Nakamura, a Houston-based photojournalist, has been one of the photographers covering the medical frontlines of the pandemic. Nakamura, who relocated to Texas just over a year ago, has visited the United Memorial Medical Center more than 20 times since May, documenting the caregiving in the COVID ward in a searing series of photos for Getty Images. Here, Dr. Joseph Varon hugs and comforts a patient in the COVID-19 intensive care unit during Thanksgiving at the United Memorial Medical Center in Houston.
7) In London, award-winning ‘masters of the absurd’ Dan Lees and Neil Frost, of Mad Etiquette, perform for residents of the Spring Lane nursing home. Photograph: Chris Jackson/Getty Images
8) Restaurant workers protest in Times Square against new state pandemic regulations that ended indoor dining. Owners and workers say they are unable to survive with state or federal help to cover lost wages. Photograph: Justin Lane/EPA
9) A man uses a snow blower to clear his driveway after a storm dumped more than 15 inches in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Photograph: Aimee Dilger/Sopa/Rex/Shutterstock
10) People throw snowballs during a snow storm in Times Square on Dec. 16, 2020, in New York City. Photo: NOAM GALAI VIA GETTY IMAGES
11) A boy plays on a mound of snow in front of the skyline of New York City in West New York, New Jersey, on Dec. 17, 2020. Photo: AP
12) Robert Burck, better known as the “Naked Cowboy”, falls in the snow during a nor’easter storm in Manhattan, New York City, December 17, 2020. Photo: REUTERS/Carlo Allegri
13) A man takes a photograph of a partially frozen waterfall in Srinagar, India. Photograph: Farooq Khan/EPA
14) A man wearing a protective mask points his gun outside the Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine in Manhattan, New York City, December 13, 2020. The gunman shouting “Kill me!” opened fire from the steps of the church just after an outdoor choir performance there, and was shot dead by police, according to police and a Reuters photographer at the scene. Photo: REUTERS/Jeenah Moon
15) Police officers surround a suspect who was shooting outside the Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine in Manhattan, New York. Photo: REUTERS/Jeenah Moon
16) Senate ushers prevent Northern League senators, left, from clashing with colleagues from the Democratic party during a voting session in Rome, Italy. Photograph: Roberto Monaldo/AP
17) In the forests of Northern California, near the Lost Coast, photographer Cristian Caceres Granda spent over a year documenting the long-running standoff between activists living in the trees and the multimillion-dollar company that wants to chop them down. The direct-action protest in Rainbow Ridge has since ended, but activists at Strawberry Rock have continued their treetop vigil despite wildfires and the pandemic, with the intent of stopping the destruction of several acres of forest.
18) A long-eared owl on a tree. Nearly 30 such owls live in the village of Beyobası in Turkey. Photograph: Anadolu/Getty Images
19) St Paul’s Cathedral choristers prepare for their first live-streamed Christmas concert in London, England. Photograph: Daniel Leal-Olivas/AFP/Getty Images
20) Green Bay Packers kicker Mason Crosby reacts after making a 65-yard field goal during the second half of an NFL football game against the Detroit Lions, Sunday, Dec. 13, 2020, in Detroit. The Packers won, 31-24 to clinch their NFC division title. Photo: Leon Halip, Associated Press
21) Green Bay Packers’ Krys Barnes knocks the ball away from Carolina Panthers’ Teddy Bridgewater at the goal line during the first half of an NFL football game Saturday, Dec. 19, 2020, in Green Bay. The Packers recovered the fumble. Photo: Matt Ludtke, Associated Press
22) Green Bay Packers’ Aaron Rodgers runs for a touchdown during the first half of an NFL football game against the Carolina Panthers Saturday, Dec. 19, 2020, in Green Bay. The Packers held on to win, 24-16. Photo: Mike Roemer, Associated Press
23) Wisconsin Badgers place kicker Collin Larsh kicks a 30-yard field goal to beat Minnesota in overtime. The University of Wisconsin Badgers hosted the Minnesota Gophers at Camp Randall Stadium Saturday, Dec. 19, 2020. The Badgers won 20-17 in overtime. Photo: STEVE APPS, STATE JOURNAL
24) Wisconsin Badgers cornerback Caesar Williams carries the Paul Bunyan’s Axe after beating Minnesota. The University of Wisconsin Badgers hosted the Minnesota Gophers at Camp Randall Stadium Saturday, Dec. 19, 2020. The Badgers won 20-17 in overtime. Photo: STEVE APPS, STATE JOURNAL
This pictorial week-in-review is posted every Sunday.