This was originally posted by the Wisconsin Conservative Digest.
A personal message from Gov. Tommy Thompson:
Dear Friends and Supporter across Wisconsin,
Please Please Please apply for your absentee ballot for the election on April 7th as there are several important contests on the ballot. I want to ensure that during this time of turmoil in the world with the Coronavirus that you don’t forget to apply so that you can get your vote counted.
We have the Presidential primary, an election for Wisconsin Supreme Court, which is very important and of course the races for your local officials.
I know that you are extremely frustrated, somewhat afraid and very concerned about what is taking place in our Country, but that is even more reason to apply for your ballot and participate in this election.
There will be a small turnout for the election and that it is why we all should apply for a ballot if you can.
Here are steps you can take to vote early and request an absentee ballot:
- Go to https://myvote.wi.gov
- Voting Absentee:
* MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO
- Find your polling place:
- Who’s on your ballot:
- Register to vote online:
* deadline is March 30
- Call your Municipal clerk to see if you can vote early in-person or set an appointment to vote:
- If you don’t vote early, make a plan to vote on April 7. Polls are open from 7 am-8 pm
- Share this information with 10 conservative friends and encourage them to vote.