A pictorial week-in-review posted every Sunday.
2) A protestor detained outside Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s office is led away by a Capitol police officer during a demonstration against the partial government shutdown on day 33 in the Russell Senate office building on Capitol Hill in Washington, January 23, 2019. Photo: REUTERS/Leah Millis
4) Long lines are seen at a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) security checkpoint at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport amid the shutdown, in Atlanta, Georgia. Photo: REUTERS/Elijah Nouvelage
5) A U.S. Park Police officer wears her badge as proof of being a federal employee as she and fellow workers, left unpaid or furloughed by the extended partial government shutdown stand, in line for fresh food and coffee at the World Central Kitchen, a volunteer emergency kitchen run by Chef Jose Andres, in Washington. Photo: REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst
7) John Moore and his daughter, Laura Moore, walked across the entire United States, California to Washington D.C., on a coast to coast pilgrimage for life. Their journey ended at the 2019 March for Life. In this photo, John is gifting one of the crosses he carried to Carl Anderson, Supreme Knight of the Knight of Columbus. Photo: Facebook
8) The Women’s March was held in Washington on January 19, 2019. While spirits remained high and marchers displayed determination to fight for women’s issues, this year’s march paled in numbers to the hundreds of thousands who roared onto the political scene in 2017 in the nation’s capital. Photo: Facebook
12) In London, a display of 800 school bags on the steps of St Paul’s Cathedral, laid by WaterAid as a reminder of the number of young children who die every day because of dirty water and poor sanitation before they reach school age. On the bags in the front row are the names of some of those children including nine-month-old Arena from Madagascar, and five-year-old Jennifer from Zambia. Photograph: Oliver Dixon/Rex/Shutterstock
13) A pilgrim confesses at the Youth Park in Panama City on the eve of the arrival of Pope Francis for the World Youth Days, on January 22, 2019. (Photo by Luis Acosta/AFP Photo)
16) A dog searches for a victim during a final exam for an avalanche-dog-handler degree in Les Houches, France, on January 24, 2019. The degree is awarded after a three-week training program. Photo: Romain Lafabregue / AFP / Getty
17) Huseyin Yurtseven, a dentist living in Istanbul, is seen covering a stray dog with a blanket in Istanbul, Turkey, on January 21, 2019. Yurtseven, accompanied by friends, travels around the surrounding neighborhoods and covers sleeping stray animals with blankets to keep them warm during freezing nights on the streets of Istanbul. Photo: Unal Gundogdu / Anadolu Agency / Getty
18) Los Angeles Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman appears to interfere with New Orleans Saints wide receiver Tommylee Lewis during the NFC championship game in New Orleans Sunday, Jan. 20, 2019. No penalty was called and the Rams went on to win in overtime to head to the Super Bowl. Photo: Sporting News.
19) New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton reacts to not getting a pass interference call against Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman on Saints wide receiver Tommylee Lewis during the NFC championship game in New Orleans Sunday, Jan. 20, 2019. Photo: David Grunfeld, NOLA.com
20) The New Orleans Picayune responded the next day.
21) Heidi Klum looks bored as her children, Henry Samuel and Lou Samuel, can’t take their eyes off their phones at the Lakers game. Photo: Getty Images
23) A scene at the after-party for the premiere of I Am The Night on January 22, 2019, in New York City. Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris / Getty