Today the WI Legislative Fiscal Bureau released information on the estimated level of state support provided for K-12 education statewide and to individual school districts in 2017-18.
Here is the info pertaining to Franklin:
1) Name of school district: Franklin Public
2) 2016-17 pupil membership, used to calculate 2017-18 general school aids: 4,198
3) 2016-17 equalized value per member, adjusted for union high school and K-8 districts, used to calculate 2017-18 general school aids: 667,416
4) 2016-17 shared costs per member, used to calculate 2017-18 general school aids: 11,113
5) 2017-18 net general school aids, based on the October 15, 2017, distribution prepared by the Department of Public Instruction (DPI): 17,593,389
6) 2017-18 categorical school aids, based on data prepared by DPI: 4,565,384
7) Estimated 2017-18 school levy tax credit, apportioned by school district: 6,015,228
8) Total 2017-18 state support provided through the combination of school aids and the school levy tax credit (sum of Columns 5, 6, and 7): 28,174,001
9) 2017-18 school district computer aid: 70,654
10) 2017-18 gross school property tax levy that would have been included in partial school revenues (PSR) under prior two-thirds funding law: 32,781,064
11) Estimated 2017-18 partial school revenues from general and categorical aids, computer aid, and the school property tax levy included in partial school revenues (sum of Columns 5, 6, 9, and 10): 55,010,491
12) Percent of state support, which is total state support as a percentage of partial school revenues (Column 8 divided by Column 11): 51.22.
13) Rank of the school district in its percent of state support, with the number one indicating the highest level of support and number 422 indicating the lowest level of support: 307