Have you noticed the signs?
In the City of Milwaukee polling places are open for early voting:
- Zeidler Municipal Building, 841 N. Broadway.
- Midtown Center, 5700 W. Capitol Drive.
- Mitchell Street Library, 906 W. Mitchell St.
- Zablocki Library, 3501 W. Oklahoma Ave.
- Center Street Library, 2727 W. Fond du Lac Ave.
- Mill Road Library, 6431 N. 76th St.
- UWM Peck School of the Arts, 2419 E. Kenwood Blvd.
- MATC, 700 W. State St. (for MATC students and faculty only).
On Wednesday a friend of mine was assisting early voters at the Mitchell Street Library when a loud, belligerent fellow stormed in, shouting “I’m here to vote Scott Walker outta office!”
The man was calmly told by my friend that he would have the opportunity to vote but there was no politicking allowed at the polling place, that he had to keep his views to himself, etc.
My friend then asked to see a photo ID which the other man pulled out quickly. Something on that photo ID didn’t quite look right, so my friend asked a question.
“Sir, is this your first time voting?”
“At this location, yes. I voted somewhere else last week.”