1) Wisconsin Badger players, including the injured Jack Cichy celebrate their 31-0 win Saturday over Minnesota by hoisting the Paul Bunyan axe. With the win Wisconsin finishes the regular season 12-0. Photo: Mike De Sisti, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
2) Wisconsin Badger Conor Sheehy imitates chopping down the goal post. Photo: Mike De Sisti, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
3) Photo: Adam Wesley/USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin
4) Photo: Adam Wesley/USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin
5) Here’s one we missed last week. Diana Lovejoy collapsed in a Vista, California courtroom Monday, November 13, after hearing she had been convicted of conspiracy to commit murder and attempted murder in what authorities said was a botched murder-for-hire plot targeting her now-ex-husband. He was shot but survived. (Don Boomer)
6) U.S. resident Brian Houston marries Evelia Reyes, who lives in Mexico, as U.S. Border patrol agents open a single gate in the border wall to allow families to visit along the U.S.-Mexico border in San Diego on Nov. 18. The ceremony was part of the event, “Opening The Door of Hope,” held to reunite families who have been separated by deportation. Photo:
7) Wishbone the turkey is shown to members of the news media by White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, left, in the Brady Press Briefing Room at the White House on Nov. 21. President Donald Trump “pardoned” Wishbone and his “‘wingman,” Drumstick, in a ceremony later in the Rose Garden. Photo:
8) Golden snub-nosed monkeys in Shennongjia, Hubei province, China. Once widely distributed throughout China they have retreated to high mountains because of changes in the environment. Shennongjia is an important habitat for the monkeys, and numbers in the reserve have risen from about 500 in the mid-80s to more than 1,300 now. Photograph: Wang HE/Getty Images
9) Tree sparrows perch on a snow-covered tree trunk in Almelo, The Netherlands. Photograph: Alex Huizinga/Alamyn Almaty, Kazakhstan, a girl feeds pigeons in a park. Photograph: Shamil Zhumatov/Reuters
10) In São Paulo, Brazil, shoppers clamber for TV bargains on Black Friday. Photograph: Sebastiao Moreira/EPA
11) Renee Hantelmann and her husband, Josh, both of Dickeyville, Wis., wear matching adult pajamas as they look for deals at Target on Nov. 24, 2017 in Dubuque, Iowa. Photo:
12) A worker at Holiday Tree Farms throws a freshly-harvested Christmas tree onto a pile of trees that are ready to be shipped on Nov. 18 in Philomath, Oregon. The harvest is underway at Holiday Tree Farms, the biggest grower of Christmas trees in the United States. Workers at the farm will ship an estimated one million trees ahead of the holiday. Photo:
13) New York City Police Department officers watch the Ronald McDonald balloon make its way down 6th Avenue during the Macy’s Parade on Thanksgiving. New York Police Department officers with assault weapons and portable radiation detectors were circulating among the crowds, sharpshooters were on rooftops and sand-filled city sanitation trucks were poised as imposing barriers to traffic at every cross street. Officers also were escorting each of the giant balloons. Photo:
14) The Olaf balloon glides over Central Park West. Photo:
15) Santa Claus makes his way down Central Park West as the closer of the parade route. Photo:
16) In Berlin, Germany, glasses that once belonged to John Lennon with a prescription by optometrist Gary Tracy are displayed at the police headquarters after a man suspected of handling stolen objects from the estate of John Lennon was arrested. The items, including diaries were stolen from Yoko Ono in New York in 2006. Photograph: Markus Schreiber/AP