Here’s a column along with information that you won’t read in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. It’s written by a black conservative (The paper put the kibosh on black conservative columnists a long time ago).
Keep in mind there’s a media template that a) police are bad and b) police are brutal to black folks. These facts don’t fit that template.
The writer is Walter Williams. Let’s pick out a portion of his latest piece.
1) Listening to the news media and the Black Lives Matter movement, one would think that black deaths at the hands of police are the major problem.
2) It turns out that in 2015, police across the nation shot and killed 986 people.
3) Of that number, 495 were white (50 percent), 258 were black (26 percent) and 172 Hispanic (17 percent).
4) A study of 2,699 fatal police killings between 2013 and 2015, conducted by John R. Lott Jr. and Carlisle E. Moody of the Crime Prevention Research Center, demonstrates that the odds of a black suspect’s being killed by a black police officer were consistently greater than a black suspect’s getting killed by a white officer.
5) Politicians, race hustlers and the news media keep such studies under wraps because these studies don’t help their narrative about racist cops.
Read the entire column here.
Related reading: Police Officer Exposes False Narrative from ‘Black Lives Matter’