Please note the east/west correction to “General” ward boundary wording under the city map. This correction only relates to the east/west street direction for D3-Ward 9 as listed in the below bullet.
- District 3 Ward 9 (3-9) Those east (vs. west) of 51st St., north of Rawson, excluding Hidden Lakes.
This typo will not impact your ability to vote as ward reporting is new to Franklin and most people are unsure of their ward number. Poll workers are trained to look up your ward when you receive your ballot. When in doubt, please reference the map.
Thank you to resident Jean K. for calling this to my attention. On the positive, it’s another opportunity to review the ward map and it’s pleasing to learn residents are reading my newsletter. My apologies for any confusion.
FALL GENERAL ELECTION
SEATS: President, U.S. Senator, U.S. Representative, even-numbered Wisconsin State Senate seats, all Wisconsin Assembly seats, and all District Attorneys. Please view the sample ballot below.
WHEN: Tuesday, November 8, 2016
HOURS: Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. statewide
WHEN: In-person absentee voting begins October 24th thru November 4th
HOURS: 8:30 A.M. to 5 P.M.
WHERE: Franklin City Hall, 9229 W Loomis Rd (Hwy 36).
VOTER I.D. REQUIRED
ACCEPTABLE I.D. FORMS – UNEXPIRED
- A Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license, even if driving privileges are revoked or suspended
- A Wisconsin DOT-issued identification card
- A Wisconsin DOT-issued identification card or driver license without a photo issued under the religious exemption
- Military ID card issued by a U.S. uniformed service
- A U.S. passport
- An identification card issued by a federally recognized Indian tribe in Wisconsin (May be used even if expired before the most recent general election.)
- A photo identification card issued by a Wisconsin accredited university or college that contains date of issuance, signature of student, and an expiration date no later than two years after date of issuance. Also, the university or college ID must be accompanied by a separate document that proves enrollment. (May be used even if expired before the most recent general election.)
ACCEPTABLE I.D. FORMS – MUST BE EXPIRED
- A veteran’s photo identification card issued by the Veterans Health Administration of the federal Department of Veterans Affairs
- A certificate of naturalization that was issued not earlier than two years before the date of an election at which it is presented
- A driving receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days)
- An identification card receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (valid for 45 days)
- A temporary identification card receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT through the Identification Petition Process (IDPP) (valid for 180 days)
- A citation or notice of intent to revoke or suspend a Wisconsin DOT-issued driver license that is dated within 60 days of the date of the election.
WARD REPORTING BEGAN IN FRANKLIN DURING SPRING OF 2016.
You will be asked your ward number at the polls.
WHAT WARD AM I IN?
The 3rd District contains Wards 8,9,10 and 11. See map for exact boundaries.
|General District 3 Ward boundaries:
- District 3 Ward 8 (3-8) Those east of 35th St and the Victory Creek area.
- District 3 Ward 9 (3-9) Those east of 51st St , north of Rawson, excluding Hidden Lakes.
- District 3 Ward 10 (3-10) Mainly Hidden Lakes area, Condos and a few homes on Rawson.
- District 3 Ward 11 (3-11) South of Rawson/East of 51st to 35th St, excluding Victory Creek
|DISTRICT 3 (FRANKLIN SCHOOL DISTRICT) SAMPLE BALLOT
ADDITIONAL VOTER INFORMATION AND OTHER SAMPLE BALLOTS ARE AVAILABLE AT WWW.FRANKLINWI.GOV.
MAYOR’S 2017 RECOMMENDED ANNUAL BUDGET
The Mayor’s 2017 Recommended Annual Budget has been presented to the Common Council. A Public Hearing and final action on the 2017 Budget is scheduled before the Common Council for Tuesday, November 15, 2016.
Click here to review the Mayor’s 2017 Recommended Budget as well as the budget presentation of 9/20/2016. The Mayor’s 2017 Recommended Budget document is also available for viewing at the Franklin Public Library and the Office of the City Clerk.
Trick or Treat Observance
The 2016 Trick or Treat observance for the City of Franklin will be Sunday, October 30, 2016, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Brush & Bagged Leaf Pickup
The final 2016 Fall Brush & Bagged Leaves Pickup will be Monday, November 14, 2016.
In addition to the November 15th hearing on the 2017 Budget, there will be a Public Hearing regarding an application from Carlisle Interconnect Technologies, Inc. for a Special Exception to Natural Resource Feature Provisions for property located at 5300 W. Franklin Drive, Franklin, WI (11/3/2016 Plan Commission)
EVERGREEN ESTATES PHASE I – DEVELOPMENT PROPOSAL CHANGES
The developer received Plan Commission approval for a subdivision development near Pleasant View School between Marquette Avenue (South end of 49th St.) and Evergreen Street (East of 51st St). The developer has requested changes to the previous approved Plat, which includes additional housing lots. The item is expected to come back before the Plan Commission in early November. Phase I (below) is located off the end of Evergreen St, while Phase II (not yet platted) is located west of Pleasant View School. Interested residents can view Plan Commission agendas here.